Saturday, November 12, 2005

Bad Offense?

On the Warpath - When Good Offenses Go Bad from HoopsWorld.com
I was planning on writing an article about how the Warriors had done enough to start the season to inspire some hope in the Warrior faithful, but then I watched the first half of Friday night’s game against the Knicks. Needless to say, I am somewhat upset.

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren’t the Warriors supposed to overwhelm teams (especially lousy teams like the Knicks) with an offensive onslaught? Wasn’t there supposed to be a high-octane transition game as opposed to one that seem to be running on diesel? As far as I can tell, the Warriors offense consists of one-on-one isolation sets and haphazardly launching threes. This actually might be a good strategy for some teams, but you have to have the right personnel and the right skill sets.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home