Warriors 95, Sonics 108 RECAP
It's a good thing this game wasn't on TV in the Bay Area. The Warriors didn't look that sharp.
Let's just say there was a lot of this going on last night:POSITIVES
- First and foremost I have to give it up to the fans in the arena. The house was pretty loud for a meaningless preseason game. The fans booed former Warrior Danny Fortson vociferously. I know most fans love to hate the man, but I kind of liked the guy. His game wasn't pretty, but he was always trying.
- We've been pretty critical of Mike Dunleavy Jr.in the past, but honestly the man looked much better last night. Since his rookie season he's often looked lost on the court, scared, or apathetic. The man seemed to care for once (well two if you count the ejection where he ripped his jersey off). He actually hit some open jumpers, although overall he (like the rest of the Warriors) had a poor shooting night (3 for 12). Dunleavy's still a poor defender, but unlike before it seemed like he was trying and hustling out there. Is the man playing for a contract a la Dampier? Maybe, but people do worse things in this world. Hope the man keeps it up (at least till the trading deadline!- just joking).
- Biedrins had a good rebounding night. Still raw, but you can tell the kid is working hard.
- Baron's still dropping dimes at a rapid pace.
- Pietrus looked pretty good. Here comes a debate, but- Pietrus is a better 3 point shooter than Dunleavy.
- Aaron Miles is looking to pass and get everyone involved every time he's out there.
- The Warriors' defense for the most part was awful. There is no reason shooters like Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis should get that many open looks and uncontested shots. Monty- the Sonics are a perimeter team. Force them to go inside.
- Zarko's defense left a lot to be desired. He picked up 5 fouls in 18 minutes of play. He wasn't the victim of any bad calls either.
- Chris Taft picked up 4 fouls in 13 minutes. Aside from his 1 block, Taft's defense was awful. The man's body language told the fans that he didn't really care to be out there. Forthworth Flyers?
- The boxscore tells you that Fisher had 4 assists, but don't take that too seriously. Fisher's still jacking up deep shots as soon as he touches the ball. If Baron goes down and Fisher becomes the starting PG, say hello to the lottery.
- Cheaney played 10 minutes. Monty- why?
- No Foyle, Murphy, or Ike. It would have been fun to see these guys. It's going to be a long season if these guys aren't healthy. (Never thought I'd say that one!)
Warrior Wonder of the Night
The fans. A few years back a regular season game wouldn't have attracted so many enthusiastic Bay Areans.