Saturday, September 24, 2005

Start: Pietrus or Dunleavy?

The NBA Source recently dropped #22 on their 30 reasons to get fired up for the NBA list, and it covered training camp battles. Of particular interest, Dunleavy vs. Pietrus. Although they didn't write anything in depth about it, it still brings up an interesting debate.

As much as I don't like Dunleavy's game, I would still start Dunleavy. He needs to play and I'm not sure if he can come off the bench and bring the energy that a 6th man needs to do. Pietrus does exactly that. He's a perfect 6th man. I see them splitting time at the 3 and occasionally spelling JRich at the 2. I think Pietrus is still too raw to be able to start and contribute whereas Dunleavy is comfortable in that role. But if Dunleavy struggles this season, Monty should not hesitate to start Pietrus because we need our 5 best players on the court.

Who would you start at Small Forward?


2 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can see why people want to start Pietrus but I think he has a very good role on the team. He is the 6th man, he will always spark up the lineup once he enters. If he were to start, I think he would be anxious.

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as much as i think Dumbleavy needs to go and doesn't deserve any playing time, I think anonymous has a point. he does make a great 6th man- you can just see the fire in his guys when comes in the game. he's the spark.

i say start zarko and then bring pietrus off the bench as the 6th man of the year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home