Friday, January 20, 2006

The Shot Heard Around the World

This past Warriors-Sonics game on MLK Day I handed out the Warrior Wonder to fan favorite/ face of the franchise Adonal Foyle. He got some serious props for the outlet passing and hustle, but his "bank" shot was FUGLY. If you missed the game or want to relive what might possibly be the funniest blank in the history of the NBA, then you HAVE to check out this "highlight". Props to Elemental from the GoldenStWarriors.com message board. It's a gem.

I'm starting to think that Adonal is just such a good shot blocker that he can't help himself from blocking his OWN shots. He's so quick with the swats that the camera doesn't pick it up when he blocks his own jumpers. Amazing.
"I'll block your shot AND mine!"

Is Adonal's missed bank shot the funniest miss you have ever seen? Count me in for a Yes vote.


3 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, Blogger Fantasy Junkie said...

hahaha. i like how barnett tries to soften the blow saying it looks worse than it was because he was trying to bank it. last time i played basketball, that big glass thing is a lot easier to hit than the rim, but maybe that's just me.

he must be watching too many duncan tapes because he's trying to imitate that bank shot duncan has. he should stick to shooting inside of 1 foot. Or here's a good rule monty should teach him...if he cannot dunk the ball or lay it up, pass pass pass.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Basketbawful said...

What was he shooting at? Was Adonal posessed by the ghost of Mike Vanderjagt?

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger atma brother #1 said...

I think Hash summed it up in one word really nicely.

I'd just like to add:

1) His outlet passes are amazing!

2) He's a nice guy! He gave me a high 5 once at a game. I was honored, but then I ran to the restroom to wash my hands. I ain't a fool- I don't want to miss every jumper I take! Hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home