Wednesday, October 05, 2005

NBA.com Warriors Preview

Thunder won't be the only excitement at the arena this year.

Here's another Warriors preview, this time courtesy of NBA.com. It's got some interesting stats and quotes. Be sure to check it out.

"It was unbelievable how Baron Davis just carried that team on his shoulders once they made that trade. What they were missing was a consistent scorer and a point guard that could do draw the attention away and get guys like Dunleavy and Richardson open. He did that... I think Dunleavy is solid. He has the ability to play 2, 3 or 4, and occasionally even 1. I know that there are a lot of people that are high on Pietrus, and I think he's solid, but there's something lacking there and I'm not sure exactly what it is. I didn't see him elevate his game. He's more athletic than Dunleavy, but Mike's more consistent and better fundamentally... I'm not sure that they'll be a top-tier team in the West, but I see them in that 6th or 7th spot."
-- Eastern Conference scout

THE STAT (10.2)
The Warriors averaged 95.2 points per game before the Baron Davis trade and 105.4 points after it, a difference of 10.2.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home