Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Baron's The Reason

In Sunday's SF Chronicle, Tom Fitzgerald wrote an article about the increase in Warriors season tickets being sold. Basically, he wrote what everyone already knew, that Baron is the reason for excitement about the Warriors and increase in ticket sales. Some quotes:

President Robert Rowell:
"Our goal is to reach 5,000 new season ticket-holders. That may be the highest increase ever in the NBA." (Currently there are 3,100 new season ticket-holders).

"We have a chance to sell out at least half our 41 home games"

They quoted some random fans too:
Stan Pond, 53, Foster City:
"The Warriors lost me when they raised my ticket price to $90. That for two plus parking, plus drinks and a modest meal, make for a $250 night. I would rather fly to New York and catch a Broadway show than spend that kind of change on that product"

Tom Amendola, 32, San Mateo:
"I signed up for full season tickets, the reason being: Baron Davis, Baron Davis, Baron Davis, and Baron Davis."

Paul Gibson, 54, Oakland:
"Davis is all the difference. He has brought out the best in all of the young guys with so much potential. I expect tehm to be quite good next year and by the end of the year you won't be able to get into the building."

I always tried to go to as many Warrior games as possible when I would come home from college (Trust me I never had a problem getting tickets). Now I'm finally back and it's going to be much harder to get tickets. No more 2 for 1 deals against the bad teams. But it's worth it for the excitement and buzz about the Warriors.

Anybody buy season tickets this season because of Baron?

Why will you be going to more Warrior games this season?


5 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger atma brother #1 said...

hey- i like the band. show them some love!

 
At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the quote comes from "seinfeld", i just hope it doesn't turn out for warriors the way it did for george...


zvz

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sucks that cohan's bitch ass is making money tho.

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could afford season tickets. SO MUCH MONEY. I will be going to more games this season, to see Baron and to see Pietrus, who I think will really shine this season.

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pietrus will shine if they get rid of that punk Dunleavy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home