Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Miles lives his NBA dream

The Portland Tribune wrote a nice article about Aaron Miles' trip home when the Warriors visit the Portland Trailblazers this Friday.
The 6-1, 175-pound point guard from Kansas, who is the Big 12 Conference’s all-time assists leader, may not make it onto the Rose Garden court Friday night when the Warriors face the Trail Blazers. Miles is playing behind Baron Davis and Derek Fisher. Barring injury, he won’t see a lot of duty this season.
It’s different for a guy who, since he was a freshman on the Jeff varsity, has started every game he has played except one — Senior Night during his freshman season at Kansas.
“You want to be on the court, of course,” Miles says. “But to be in my position, it’s a blessing. Even though I don’t play in games, I’m learning every day, getting better every day.
“Our team is going to do a lot of winning this year. If (Davis and Fisher) need to play all the minutes, I’m OK with it. If I’m called upon, I’m going to be ready. I always stay ready just in case.”
I'm pulling for Miles to get more playing time because he knows how to run the team. I think with more experience, he can become a very capable backup PG on this team playing 10-12 minutes per game.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home